Comprehensive Certification Level 1
The Peak Pilates® Classical Comprehensive Certification Level I curriculum focuses on the Introductory and Beginner Systems, to lay a solid foundation for teaching Pilates to individuals and groups.
Throughout the Level I curriculum you will learn to:
• Perform and teach the Introductory and Beginning exercises for the mat, reformer, Cadillac/tower, high and low chairs, small barrel, spine corrector, ladder barrel, wall and Power Circle.
• Teach a safe and effective Individual Full Session as well as mat and reformer classes.
• Apply the 5-Part Formula for Success to ensure effective teaching.
• Ingrain teaching skills including tactile and verbal cueing.
• Develop an ‘eye’ for and an understanding of progression.
• Understand general anatomy and kinesiology terms as well an expanded understanding of posture and the Powerhouse.
• Explore the mechanism and effect of breathing on movement.
• Develop strategies for working with students who suffer from chronic lower back pain of an unspecific nature.
• Gain an understanding of how to use props in progression and for variation.
Level I Module 1 is the first course, and it includes a rich library of digital course materials as well as a two-day live training workshop with a Master Instructor where you will benefit from personalized coaching aimed at accelerating practical skills.
With this course you will be prepared to begin practice teaching for Group Mat and Full Session private lessons. You will gain an understanding of foundational movement principles and Pilates history. Additionally, you will discover how to use the 5-Part Formula for Success, which teaches the Pilates instructor not just WHAT to teach, but HOW.
Digital course materials included:
· Study Guide that guides you through assignments and practice activities to complete before attending your live workshop.
· Video libraries for Intro Mat, Reformer, Tower and Wall
· Narrated presentations, audio tutorials and handouts
· Introductory Exercise Reference Guide
· Level I Mat Progressions and Full Session workout videos
Course Prerequisites: It is recommended, but not required, that the participant enters with an understanding of basic anatomy from previous certifications in fitness and movement, or through an online or live anatomy course. Additionally, we recommend a minimum of 10 classical Pilates private lessons or group classes.
Registration: We highly recommend registering at least 4 weeks prior to the live training workshop to allow ample time for the required assignments and practice activities. The material covered in these assignments will not be repeated during the workshop, and they must be completed in order to be eligible for assessment in Module 4.
Course Fee: £2499 . All education materials are included in the course fee.(Payment plan available upon request)
Upcoming Course Dates:
Module 1: July 3-4
Module 2: August 7-8
Module 3: September 11-12
Module 4: October 16-17